Sunday 14 December 2008

Making Butterflies using Flowers

I saw these done a couple of years ago but maybe some people have never seen them so I decided to show you how to do it...

I will show you pics of how to do it using 3 different shapes of flowers:
Snip one petal off...
And you have a butterfly!
With a 4 petal flower, simply trim off the tips of 2 petals
and tadaa...a butterfly!Here's another one.Just trim off 2 petals and there's a butterfly!Sorry about the poor quality of pics but it's so dark and dreary here this morning. The weather is sooooo yucky today.
Here's card I made using one of the flower butterflies!

Hope you liked the tutorial!
Happy Holidays!
Deanne

11 comments:

Unknown said...

super cute!

sparkx said...

what a brill idea, so simple, yet I've never thought of it
Lynbo x

Mirameja said...

So qute!
I´ve tutorial in my blog as well doing butterflies, just slightly different using scrapers floss as body.
It´s written in swedish, but I´m sure You get the hang of it anyway :-)
http://rostberg.blogspot.com/2008/10/hur-du-gr-fjrilar-av-blommor.html

smauge said...

Wow - There's gonna be some butterflies on my next LO methinks!

Julie Allain said...

Now why didn't I think of that!! These look great thanks so much butterflies will be featuring on my creations very soon xx

Tereza Crump said...

WOW!! now that's what I call SMART!! I am going to use that for sure!! :) thanks for sharing.

Smriti said...

That's a brilliant idea!

{ erin } said...

What a WONDERFUL idea! They turned out so cute. I am sure that I will be using this in the NEAR future! Thanks so much for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Super idea. I knew there had to be another way to use these. Now I am going to need to get even more.
Pat

Meghana said...

Gorgeous!Lovely..

Just came inn on ur blog thrgh Juhihandmade cards.

http://meghanaunleashed.blogspot.com/

majo said...

Genial!!!!! Me encantan las mariposas ;)