Wednesday 31 December 2008

Rustic (Scruffy) Flower

I needed a rustic unfussy looking flower for this card I was making, had a play and came up with this rustic looking flower.

I punched out 3 circles - 1 x 1.5" in blue, 1 3/4" in gingham and a 3/4" in blue

Distress the edges of the circles with a distressing tool and a nail file. Don't be afraid to crumple/crease the discs, crumpled and bashed is GOOD! Edge the discs with a matching ink and add a few more bends and creases for good measure. Assemble with a brad - the one I've used is from the QVC Cosmo Cricket TSV and was perfect for the look I wanted.

A really quick and easy embellishment that matches perfectly with whatever colours/papers you are using on your project (apologies for the blurred picture).

Bev

5 comments:

Julie Allain said...

WOW Bev your card is stunning and I love your rustic flower!!

I have those punches so will definitely be having a go x

DeeDee said...

This is great.....I'm gonna give it a whirl!! THANKS!!

maddy hill said...

love the card and just adore the tutorial for the rustic flower ! totally fabulous !

Nayheli said...

Wooow!! Beautiful card, very ingenious!
Hugs from México, Happy 2009!!!

Mary Leeson said...

What a neat idea, must try that. THanks much and bless ya~