Wednesday 10 June 2009

Decorated Maya Road Tin

You will need:

~empty Maya Road tin

~foam

~some sort of flourish stamp (or you can draw your flourishes freehand)

~Stazon ink

~floss

~needle

~glue dots

~flowers,buttons,brads, ribbon, Stickles to decorate





1. Open the tin. Position some foam under the cover.2.Stamp the flourishes in the corner of the clear window (or draw some freehand).

3. Using a needle or some other tool, poke holes following the pattern of the flourishes.

4. With some thread and needle, stitch the pattern. To end the thread I put a little glue dot on the back. You can tie a knot to end off, if you wish.5. Once the stitching is done, you can embellish with flowers, buttons, brads, ribbon, etc.This is my finished tin. I added Stickles to the flowers and used Liquid Pearls to decorate.I also added a bow to the handle.

7 comments:

Cuchy said...

How cool and beautiful idea. Your tin turned fantastic! thanks for sharing

Terri Kahrs said...

Oh my goodness! This is beyond beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing this clever technique! Hugs, Terri xoxo

Anonymous said...

Sweet project! Thanks for the great tutorial.

Anonymous said...

oh wow this is stunning! I have one of these tins sitting here in front of me now i know what to do with it.Thanx for sharing this project with us xx jo xx

Julie Allain said...

Deanne this is such a great idea and one that I will definitely be trying out, Thank you x

liszha said...

What a wonderful idea to come up with. I love it!

KeKe said...

You are amazing!! :)
Thanks for sharing your techniques with everyone.